Monday, June 5, 2023

Announcement and Summer Schedule

Since I already have slacked off on writing posts in May, I think I need to admit that I need a break.... to work on something else that I hope will be exciting for readers of this blog. On that note, I may post here occasionally in the next two months, but if I don't it's because I am applying the effort that normally goes here somewhere else. 

In the meantime, I have joined Ludology as a segment contributor, so you can listen to my voice instead. (I mean, I don't blame you if you don't. I don't like listening to me.) The segment is called Thinking Beyond Mechanisms, and it is similar but different to what I write about here. Generally, I will try to cover other people's theories and perspectives a bit more over there. (This blog is the incubator for my original ideas about board game theory.) Look for my first segment in two weeks. 

Once August hits, I hope to be able to resume blogging while producing the podcast segments, but I can't say for sure when the other thing will give me back enough brain space because I don't know for sure when it will be done for real. (If you're reading this and worried about some other commitments I have made to you, I'd only be worried if it's writing related. Seriously, three writing projects is a lot of words that need to sound smart and I am running out of them.) 

Anyway, I hate posts like this, but I know that all six of my regular readers will wonder where I've gone if I just go radio silent. 

ShippBoard Games will return in August 2023. 

2 comments:

  1. As one of the six (thousand?) I totally understand. Thanks for all the insights and look forward to anything in the future. Cheers Rikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time commenting, but just letting you know I enjoy your blog posts! Always very thought provoking. Congrats on the ludology segment. :)

    ReplyDelete